Our data protection team keeps abreast of regulatory developments in this field and regularly advises clients on data protection and privacy law requirements in Southern Africa. We are able to assist clients requiring specialist advice on their statutory obligations, as well as issues in the context of particular transactions.
We conduct reviews of our clients’ business policies, protocols, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with current data protection laws. Our aim is to assist clients in finding practical ways of implementing data protection policies in their businesses.
Our data protection team includes specialists in technology, media and telecommunications, employment and benefits, as well as governance, compliance and investigations.
Our Data Protection & Privacy Law services include:
- Conducting privacy impact assessments and audits of processing activities, processes, procedures and protocols
- Developing appropriate compliance and risk management frameworks, including appropriate policies and procedures to regulate data processing activities
- Drafting and reviewing data protection contractual clauses
- Advising on the application of local data protection laws to multinationals
- Advising on data breach incidents
- Undertaking due diligence investigations