This practice area deals with all matters relating to property which are not conveyancing or notarial in nature. These matters include inter alia evictions and rental disputes, spoliation applications including applications to restore the supply of services to an occupant of a premises, property related arbitrations, construction agreements and disputes, restructuring of property holdings, negotiation and drafting of sale and lease agreements, all aspects relating to credit security including suretyship agreements, indemnities, guarantees, cessions and pledge of shares or other securities and/or any other property transactions.
Our Property Law services include:
- Advising and litigating in all property related matters including land expropriation and property development
- Sectional title disputes between trustees and owners, or tenants, or developers, or a municipality, even if they are at CSOS or arbitration
- Feasibility studies for property transactions
- Neighbour law disputes (including noise violations, encroachments, boundary wall disputes, neighbours who are operating illegally from a premises)
- Gated community (homeowner’s association) disputes
- Rental disputes
- Spoliation applications
- Drafting sale and lease agreements
- Drafting suretyship agreements, indemnities, guarantees, cessions etc.